MBA in Energy Management
The global energy sector poses many challenges to the business world – and will continue to do so. Although renewable forms of energy, such as solar or wind, are replacing traditional sources of gas and oil, oil and gas are still key players with new energy entrants in the market. At the same time, demand for energy may be on the decline from traditional markets, but is in riding demand from other markets.
The MBA in Energy Management will give you the expertise and tools to deal with the current and future challenges of the global energy sector. It will prepare you for a
career in Energy Management and give you the tools to become an efficient, forward- thinking, and informed leader.
The program is made up of three compulsory modules and a compulsory dissertation assignment. On top of these, students are required to study and successfully complete between four and seven electives, allocated to each student by a committee that takes into account each student’s existing academic credentials. In the vast majority of cases, students are assigned 4 electives.
Why have an MBA?
The MBA programme is action-oriented and is designed to accelerate the managerial and leadership development process of candidates. Gaining an MBA will make you a great deal more competitive in the market place, as your knowledge of management skills and operating techniques will be significantly improved. Management in both the private and public sectors requires the highest level of relevant training, as well as vision, analytical skills and the ability to implement far-reaching decisions; our MBA programme stimulates students to look beyond narrow boundaries and horizons, preparing them for higher-level career-planning.
Our MBA is designed for practising managers with previous relevant education, training and work experience who are required to make a major contribution to the policy of their organisations. The specific focus of the programme is on enabling managers to operate at a strategic level and manage their organisations effectively in the complex and uncertain business environment of today. Close links have been established with industry, commerce and the public sector, all of whom have contributed to the development and design of the programme.
- Enable students to gain a broad understanding of the Managerial techniques regarding decision-making;
- Provide a global view of organisations and their environment so as to enable students to face the challenges of the 21st Century;
- Underline the importance and significance of the increased managerial effectiveness and competence, and understand the various strategic approaches;
- Enrich students’ development and managerial prospects by encouraging learning through their own past experience and their current and future needs and the needs of their market and society.
At the end of the programme you will be able to:-
- Comprehend and appreciate the concepts and theories of Management and see to what extent these theories are applicable in the real and changing world;
- Understand and evaluate the objectives and importance of formulating strategies in a local and global context;
- Be able to diagnose and analyse intricate situations and deal with unforeseen exogenous factors affecting the internal environment of their organisation;
- Deal effectively with the human deficiencies and be able to tackle human friction and lead their teams through tough decisions and times;
- Face the challenges of career requirements more confidently and increase their advancement prospects for acquiring a senior managerial position.
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Policy & Strategy
- Research Methods
(From Which You Will Be Assigned Between 5 And 7)
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Management in Business
- Oil & Gas Energy Law
- Financial Management
- Executive Leadership
- Oil & Gas Energy Safety And Risk
- Project Management
Mode of Study
The degree is awarded by the Cyprus Institute of Marketing (Global Business University-Europe)
Note: The fees indicated is not net as other charges e.g. registration,examination, exemption fees etc. are charged separately.Before applying please ensure you have the net fees charged for the course.
This Course includes: